Hello from Bryan TX

twowheelgal

πŸ“› Founding Member
Aug 31, 2024
Media
Bryan Texas
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser
Love my Land Cruiser LC. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Traded in my 2022 4Runner. I have a LC model with the premium package. Just love it.
Working on the wind noise. And have an issue with the digital key not always working. Plus the text message issue. But getting there.

Attachments

• IMG_1936.jpeg
    IMG_1936.jpeg
    650.7 KB · Views: 55
Welcome to the Jungle!
Thanks. Love reading the threads from washing/waxing to break in period.
So - I use the local car was - they do not have brushes and had to drive for work - put 1300 miles on β€œBruiser” in less that a week. So??

Welcome... I am nearby so you may see me in BCS once in a while.

Thanks. We are easy to spot. Maybe we can do something like Jeeps with ducks??

Lol.. I don't know how those ducks don't melt in the summer heat.

Love my Land Cruiser LC. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Traded in my 2022 4Runner. I have a LC model with the premium package. Just love it.
Working on the wind noise. And have an issue with the digital key not always working. Plus the text message issue. But getting there.
I just joined too with similar intro! We’re Texas twins!

Attachments

• IMG_3926.jpeg
    IMG_3926.jpeg
    704.8 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: MJE
Taking the cross bars off makes a huge difference with wind noise. I had them on for about a week, then ditched them and am much happier.

Last bit of wind noise I’m trying to figure out is the front right of the windshield. Driving out to Burnet this last weekend with heavy cross winds caused a ton of noise.

I am experiencing the same noise as well, i also removed the cross bars. i am waiting on the Weather Tech window deflectors will help once they are available.

On my way home from picking up my new ride I was very concerned about the noise coming from the truck - sort of a howl, but sounded like a bad bearing or something. It was more obvious at high speeds so I wondered if it might be the cross bars - but it didn't make sense that Toyota would allow something like that to pass (this was not a subtle bit of wind noise). When I got home I checked the cross bars carefully and noticed that they were installed backwards - there is a front / rear orientation for each bar. To be fair to whoever installed them, it's not all that obvious that there is a correct direction. For anyone who has removed them b/c of the noise it might be worth checking carefully and installing them in the right direction. There is a rubber strip that runs along the bottom of them, it's a bit of a wedge shape and the narrow edge should be to the front of the vehicle. hope that helps!

Back