Hella horn upgrade.

JustinHEMI

📛 Founding Member
Aug 27, 2024
TN
Vehicles
2024 LC250
I just upgraded my horn to the Hella horns and it's so much better than stock. It was super simple.

First, here's the horns I used. Hella TE26 quick fit. Amazon.com

Next, confirmed that our horns are where just about every other horn on the planet is located, in front of the radiator.

PXL_20240902_182330417.jpg

This plastic cover pops off by removing the 8 plastic rivets.

PXL_20240902_182345623.jpg

Thus exposing our horns, one on each side.

PXL_20240902_182612289.jpg

Remove the 12mm bolts, and unplug, reverse it for the new horn.

PXL_20240902_183824090.jpg

For the driver side (US) horn, the cable is a little short. What I did was pop out this cable tie to get more slack, and use a 10mm wrench to adjust the horn hangar a bit, worked perfectly.

PXL_20240902_183233957.jpg

PXL_20240902_183611376.jpg

PXL-20240902-183818581.jpg

For comparison.

PXL_20240902_182818201.jpg

Voila! A truck sounding horn!

Just added these to my cart. So the plug is reversed on the new horn? I am guessing it's self explanatory once I see it myself.

I just upgraded my horn to the Hella horns and it's so much better than stock. It was super simple.

Voila! A truck sounding horn!
Just did mine 15 minutes from start to finish piece of cake. If you have trouble with those little plastic things, I used a small little 90° pick. It worked great after I got two of them up with just a fingernail before I broke my nail.
You shouldn't ruin the plastic pieces but if you should, I know Lowe's always carried them really super cheap.
I love the Hella horns. I put them on three of our Hondas. They were shaped different like just round and colorful like red or yellow or something..
This time I ordered these from eBay and they got here in seven days from Japan.
They are loud!
Also check out the sellers other items. He has lots and lots of parts for LC's.

Genuine Premium HORN Toyota Land Cruiser LC200 J200 LEXUS LX570 * | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the writeup Justin. I got mine this weekend and installed them. Your note about the wiring on the driver side being a little short helped me a lot.

Thanks for the writeup Justin. I got mine this weekend and installed them. Your note about the wiring on the driver side being a little short helped me a lot.

Glad to hear it!

Just did mine 15 minutes from start to finish piece of cake. If you have trouble with those little plastic things, I used a small little 90° pick. It worked great after I got two of them up with just a fingernail before I broke my nail.
You shouldn't ruin the plastic pieces but if you should, I know Lowe's always carried them really super cheap.
I love the Hella horns. I put them on three of our Hondas. They were shaped different like just round and colorful like red or yellow or something..
This time I ordered these from eBay and they got here in seven days from Japan.
They are loud!
Also check out the sellers other items. He has lots and lots of parts for LC's.

Genuine Premium HORN Toyota Land Cruiser LC200 J200 LEXUS LX570 * | eBay
To remove the plastic fasteners....... just push the center down. It will disengage the rivet, then you can pull it out (no tools needed).

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
To remove the plastic fasteners....... just push the center down. It will disengage the rivet, then you can pull it out (no tools needed).
You know, I read that the first time you posted that and I forgot to try it that way.
I didn't know you could do it that way, but thanks cause I'll need to remember that for the next time. I've ruined a few of them in the past.

You know, I read that the first time you posted that and I forgot to try it that way.
I didn't know you could do it that way, but thanks cause I'll need to remember that for the next time. I've ruined a few of them in the past.
I’ve destroyed many a fastener in my day! I was very impressed with the new style and plan on ordering some for my Taco

Back