Hear to learn

jumpin

đź“› Founding Member
Aug 2, 2024
usa
Vehicles
Highlander 2019
Or, rather, read to learn. Looking at buying either a 4runner or an LC. Doing the research and seeing which way I lean. I have had several Toyotas and like the standardization of options and reliability. The 2024 4runner trims aren't quite meeting all my checkmarks in one trim, so considering options. I'll study the LC to death too. Might wait for the 2025 4R but kind of prefer the tried and true previous engines.

Thanks for sharing your experience here.

I finally found a Canada sales brochure to get me in the ballpark with info.

Safety is a concern, having been in a bad wreck. Planning to drive 2000 highway miles each way 4 times per year then ramble down a bunch of washboard roads and would like to sleep inside sometimes.

I put together a comparison table of what we know so far when the 2025 4Runner was announced and I was trying to decide between the LC and 4R (comparing both to my 2014 FJ TTUE MT). Might be out of date now if Toyota has released any ore info on the 4Runner: Land Cruiser Comparison Table

If you want to avoid the new engines, get a 2024 4Runner. If you want full time 4WD and all the off-road features, get the Land Cruiser. If you only care about off-road 4WD, maybe the 2025 4Runner in one of the off road trims. Or if you only care about on road full time 4WD but not so much the off-read features, maybe the 2025 4Runner Limited or Platinum. That's been the thing keeping me from getting a 4Runner, my 10 year old FJ has full time 4WD and all the off-road stuff you could get at the time, the 4Runner has always made you choose one or the other.

Sadly (in my opinion) the 2025 4Runner is, from the back seat forward, a Tacoma. Not unique anymore. Back to the birth of the 4Runner in this respect.

Back