Head Up Display

FarooqMCSE

📛 Founding Member
Sep 11, 2023
Chino, CA 91710
Vehicles
Land Cruiser year 2000
I have a mid tier LC LC with Performance Package. VIN is JTEABFAJ6R5001691. I SAW HEAD UP DISPLAY A FEW TIMES BUT NOW IT HAS DISAPPEARED.
I did choose ECO mode. I spent over 2 hours reading the manual to fix HUD issue, but did not succeed. Anyone has an idea how to fix this issue. Please share.
Thanking you in anticipation.

I have a mid tier LC LC with Performance Package. VIN is JTEABFAJ6R5001691. I SAW HEAD UP DISPLAY A FEW TIMES BUT NOW IT HAS DISAPPEARED.
I did choose ECO mode. I spent over 2 hours reading the manual to fix HUD issue, but did not succeed. Anyone has an idea how to fix this issue. Please share.
Are you wearing polarized glasses? If so, take them off and it will reappear like magic!

Good day!
You state you went through the manual but just to be clear, did you go to settings for HUD and check
  • that it is on
  • that the brightness is set to max
  • that the vertical and display angles are OK
Also agree with the polarized glasses caution. The HUD is next to useless in the daytime if you are wearing polarized sunglasses.

Hi Firmie and PixelMagic, Good morning. It is still morning in California. I have never user polarized glasses. So it has to be something else.
Very thankful to both of you for your quick replies

I learned the polarized glasses trick as well after calling the BMW dealer and advising my HUD stops working only between the hours of 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM and begins working perfectly again at night.

OT, but I'm surprised to find the HUD useful when navigating. I had planned to turn it off.

2 hours of reading the manual… i think I’ve spent 3 days reading it!

Go to settings straight ahead on your driver dash display (multi information display). Press OK once and a menu of things to set comes up the first is HUD. Fast click turns it on and off. Hold the OK to bring up options I have mine set on “standard” display. You can also move its position if you can’t see it. And yes, polarized sunglasses not good unless you rotate your head to align with the polarization. Turns out fact of nature light reflecting off glass or other conductor is polarized so unless your head is oriented to let through that polarization nothing comes through.

LCMud
Thank you for excellent understanding and guidance. HUD is visible to me and I moved it little higher. You are a smart asset to this forum. Thank you.

Back