Got my 1958 Saturday, pretty excited!

Lainford Express

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 23, 2024
Media
Long Beach, CA
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser 1958
Feels great to be back in a Toyota! I previously had a 2016 4Runner TRD Pro when I worked for Toyota, and have regretted not buying out that employee lease when I had the chance ever since. I've been driving a 2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata, but with a wife and baby and doggo it just wasn't workable any more. I work for a different automaker now and am likely to always have a lease from them as our "nice" vehicle, so I wanted to add some other capabilities to our "fleet". Something we could road trip in, that the wife can drive in a pinch (she never got along with the manual in the Miata), that I could do a little light off-roading/overlanding in (I found with the 4Runner that it was more capable than my comfort with risking the vehicle), and something that could tow a small sailboat someday. The Land Cruiser fit the bill!

I already laid waste to the i-Force MAX badge, and have some TOYOTA center caps on the way. I'll probably hold off on much else for a while, but plan for a set of AnalogHDs with either KO2s or Michelin Defender LTXs at some point, probably a roof rack, definitely some KC lights, a GMRS radio, and some other stuff like storage for tools, food and cooler, etc., and call it good!

IMG_2105.JPG

Last edited:
Feels great to be back in a Toyota! I previously had a 2016 4Runner TRD Pro when I worked for Toyota, and have regretted not buying out that employee lease when I had the chance ever since. I've been driving a 2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata, but with a wife and baby and doggo it just wasn't workable any more. I work for a different automaker now and am likely to always have a lease from them as our "nice" vehicle, so I wanted to add some other capabilities to our "fleet". Something we could road trip in, that the wife can drive in a pinch (she never got along with the manual in the Miata), that I could do a little light off-roading/overlanding in (I found with the 4Runner that it was more capable than my comfort with risking the vehicle), and something that could tow a small sailboat someday. The Land Cruiser fit the bill!

I already laid waste to the i-Force MAX badge, and have some TOYOTA center caps on the way. I'll probably hold off on much else for a while, but plan for a set of AnalogHDs with either KO2s or Michelin Defender LTXs at some point, probably a roof rack, definitely some KC lights, a GMRS radio, and some other stuff like storage for tools, food and cooler, etc., and call it good!

View attachment 9627
I never had meteor shower on my list because the last 2019 Land Cruiser, I had was silver. And I just didnโ€™t want that color again. I also had a 2012 4runner TRD that was silver.
But when I saw this color in person, I couldnโ€™t believe how pretty it was -such a cool color such a great play on color in different lighting. And then I wished I had this on my list with my dealer. Ended up snagging a trail dust and it is an absolutely phenomenal color as well. Toyota has done a really great job.. congrats I hope you love your LC as much as I love mine.
Everyone on here is super helpful - welcome

My initial reaction was as yours, "wow, what a monochromatic color lineup Toyota!". So originally I only wanted white, but like you, once I saw the Meteor Shower, it is a much nicer color that I realized. Somehow both silver-gray and at times more like a classic tan/brown color. It's really nice! A very modern Land Cruiser-y color I think!

Back