Goose Gear Storage?

They're the rolls royce of storage systems IMHO. Used their stuff on my old Bronco and my buddy did a seat delete in his Gladiator that I helped install. If you can afford it and it matches what you want - you won't find a better solution out there

I'm confused...does the rear plate system fully remove the battery cover? That looks a lot cleaner imo,
1724253877866.png

Iโ€™m following as well _ looking for a tray system. Been RTT camping for a few weeks and the car is a mess. Would like to see a setup with fridge and total cost.

Goose Gear has been working mad hours on the TrailRecon Land Cruiser to have it ready for Expo this weekend. They have a few stories and posts on Instagram. Looks like a great option for an inside the car camping setup. Not sure I could convince the wife to ditch our second row just yet but plan to buy the rear platform down the road.

This system has also been installed on the Expedition Overland Land Cruiser, which is named NOMAD.

Goose Gear has been working mad hours on the TrailRecon Land Cruiser to have it ready for Expo this weekend. They have a few stories and posts on Instagram. Looks like a great option for an inside the car camping setup. Not sure I could convince the wife to ditch our second row just yet but plan to buy the rear platform down the road.

This system has also been installed on the Expedition Overland Land Cruiser, which is named NOMAD.
It looks great. Had they not gotten rid of all the storage in the front and rear I would be very interested in buying it.

I'll wait to see what all the other companies come out with before I have to make my own

It looks great. Had they not gotten rid of all the storage in the front and rear I would be very interested in buying it.

I'll wait to see what all the other companies come out with before I have to make my own
Their product page lists "Offers ample storage under the plate at the front and back." I think all those spaces are still there just not accessible from the top anymore.

Their product page lists "Offers ample storage under the plate at the front and back." I think all those spaces are still there just not accessible from the top anymore.
I understand but I open the tailgate often and wanted to utilize the storage that was already there.

With GG design the rear plate is just an empty space with no storage walls up. So if you ever used it for storage, everything would fall out every time you open the tailgate essentially making that space useless.

Additionally, in order to get the storage space that they're talking about, you need to get the additional rear seat delete portion.

If you just got the flat part by the tailgate you wouldn't have any functional storage at all.

It is a bummer that a lot of their kit is working toward a second row delete. I like what they're doing but a second row delete is a non-starter for me. Personally I'm here looking for more details about the under plate storage along all 4 sides and how deep you can get with a drawer or fridge before you impact the travel of the second row recline.

Here is an overview of my setup, I have pulled the drawer and fridge slide out twice and takes about 15 minutes to go back to just the blank deck. I have been very happy with the setup and really like the solid build. I have a drawer and fridge slide, I also installed an ARB twin compressor under the platform behind the 2nd row of seats. Fits perfect and ran a switch and coupler to the front of the drawer platform. Works awesome

Attachments

• IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    458.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0730.jpeg
    IMG_0730.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
I'm confused...does the rear plate system fully remove the battery cover? That looks a lot cleaner imo,
View attachment 8995
Yes, there is a frame built around the battery and then a new plate is added. This mine being built with the finished install

Attachments

• 74181793694__0188EA2F-C1E5-4F41-88EA-C87485F508A3.fullsizerender.jpeg
    74181793694__0188EA2F-C1E5-4F41-88EA-C87485F508A3.fullsizerender.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 79
  • B28FF0D7-3A83-4E94-B10A-5ADE05F57354.jpeg
    B28FF0D7-3A83-4E94-B10A-5ADE05F57354.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1293.jpeg
    IMG_1293.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 78
It is a bummer that a lot of their kit is working toward a second row delete. I like what they're doing but a second row delete is a non-starter for me. Personally I'm here looking for more details about the under plate storage along all 4 sides and how deep you can get with a drawer or fridge before you impact the travel of the second row recline.
The second row delete is additive to the rear plate system, see some of my other posts here

Did they remove the factory frame/floor that goes over the battery? Do you have pictures of the floor structure?

The platform sits on top of the battery. All the plastics are removed and the new frame and top plate is added

Attachments

• 74181793694__0188EA2F-C1E5-4F41-88EA-C87485F508A3.fullsizerender.jpeg
    74181793694__0188EA2F-C1E5-4F41-88EA-C87485F508A3.fullsizerender.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 53
Back