Gas Hood lift supports

Reidog

📛 Founding Member
Jul 26, 2024
Media
Shoreline, WA
Vehicles
2024 Landcruiser
I have a 24 LC premium. Has anyone installed gas hood lift supports? I’m short and can barely lift the hood high enough to put the manual hood lift stick in. If yo8 have, which ones did you use?

My daughter is 4 foot 9, on a good day. Thank you for sharing this post. Toyota really should go back to the gas struts on the hood. It is heavy and if you aren’t six feet tall like me, it would be impossible to hold open. Come on Toyota………..send Reidog some free gas struts!!!

I have reached out to "Redline tuning" and they put it on their to do list. I have Redline's on my Taco and have been very happy with them.

I see where the hood has holes where I suspect hood supports were supposed to be mounted. I think I saw where the GX has hood struts, but can only find the gas struts but no mounting kit. I don't have access to the Lexus support system.

My daughter is 4 foot 9, on a good day. Thank you for sharing this post. Toyota really should go back to the gas struts on the hood. It is heavy and if you aren’t six feet tall like me, it would be impossible to hold open. Come on Toyota………..send Reidog some free gas struts!!!
Yes, please! We shortys are very resourceful but sometimes it’s be nice to have something be easy for a change!

I have reached out to "Redline tuning" and they put it on their to do list. I have Redline's on my Taco and have been very happy with them.

I see where the hood has holes where I suspect hood supports were supposed to be mounted. I think I saw where the GX has hood struts, but can only find the gas struts but no mounting kit. I don't have access to the Lexus support system.
Thank you! It’s good to know that there may be something out soon.

Regardless of height, it’s stupid they didn’t put gas struts on this thing. I’m interested in this as well… would love to put some on.

Me too x5, Can't believe this level of vehicle doesn't come with them. Such an odd decision to save $10...

Back