First Impressions the LC250

BlueLC250yo

📛 Founding Member
Aug 4, 2024
Bullhead City, AZ
I picked up my LC on Saturday and after 3 days of ownership, here my first impressions. I’m curious to what everyone else agrees or disagrees with. It may seem I don’t like the vehicle but overall I am very happy. It’s just my first Toyota (my girlfriend has had 2 RAV4’s) so I’m still getting used to things.

Not so great…
1. Land Cruiser trim in my opinion is a 60k vehicle, not a 70k vehicle as speced. 1958 should have started at 48k imo.
2. Digital cluster is very laggy & a little buggy. Seems they cheaped out on the processor for this screen.
3. No sunglasses holder
4. Maybe I’m just not used to Toyota but the AC seems strange. Fan speed will randomly fluctuate (not on auto).
5. Infotainment is subpar. I’d like to see multitasking capabilities, similar to Apple CarPlay or at least like their previous generation infotainment.
6. JBL “premium” sound is slightly better than average BUT it seems they put their sound focus very close to the windshield. My guess is to hide wind noise. 6 of 14 speakers are in front of the steering wheel.

Good…
1. Interior design and overall layout.
2. Retro Exterior design
3. Powertrain is smooth. It’s not fast but gets the job done. Good low end punch.
4. Seats are comfortable and cooled seat function works well.
5. Mileage is as expected with the 20” wheel option (averaged 22mpg on the first tank on my way back from Cali to Arizona). Lots of elevation change.
6. Entry lighting/folding mirrors is a nice little Lexus touch. As well as the entry mode (seat and steering wheel move to allow easier access.
7. Off road features.
8. Ride quality is good.
9. Rear seats have good room.
10. Initial build quality seems very good.

Agree with most everything you point out … although I havent noticed any fluctuations in my AC fans.

On your lag comment, Ive thought the software interfaces are pretty good and responsive but I'm coming from an F150 and felt it was too laggy especially with wireless carplay

Land Cruiser trim starts at $61k unless you add premium package? Also, just about every carmakers infotainment is subpar - they’re not software companies and should leave that to Apple and Android.

I’ll freely admit my confusion. Do people not test drive vehicles anymore? Or is this an example of the latest internet fad where people elect not to test drive a relatively expensive vehicle and then show up on an enthusiast forum to bitch about everything they could have easily found on that test drive? 🍿

1. Land Cruiser trim in my opinion is a 60k vehicle, not a 70k vehicle as speced. 1958 should have started at 48k imo.
I see this all the time, and while I feel similar, I think everyone's view is lagging where vehicle prices have gone. Every vehicle from every manufacture feels like it's ~10% overpriced.

Land Cruiser trim starts at $61k unless you add premium package? Also, just about every carmakers infotainment is subpar - they’re not software companies and should leave that to Apple and Android.
with ZERO options, the LC trim starts at almost $64k. There are next to none coming with no options.

with ZERO options, the LC trim starts at almost $64k. There are next to none coming with no options.
People are quoting prices for the LC that include options and delivery fees, rounding up to $70k and then comparing that to the base price of other vehicles, not really an accurate comparison.

It's a Land Cruiser. They are expensive and they demand a premium price.

4. Maybe I’m just not used to Toyota but the AC seems strange. Fan speed will randomly fluctuate (not on auto).

ECO mode will adjust fan speed and cooling power as it sees fit to reduce system load. There's more info in the manual that I have not memorized.

I tried ECO just to see what it does. Biggest things I noticed were less effective AC and seemed to take forever to accelerate using cruise control. Turned it back to normal and likely never going to use it again 🤣

Back