DMC Recording Settings

Marinna

📛 Founding Member
Jun 18, 2024
Media
California
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
I saw this "DMC Recording" in my LC settings. However it looks quite cryptic as I couldn't find anywhere that allows me to download the "recording" from my LC. Anybody knows that this is actually a "recording" and file is stored somewhere in the car, or by "recording" Toyota simply meant turn the DMC on?

Page 324 (very end) and 325 of the manual:

Driver Monitoring Camera - when recording is enabled, then in a wreck it records that and the cameras on the edges of the car (and presumably if you have a dashcam). I assume so that if you need for insurance to show that you were looking forward and the other car was at fault, etc. The manual seems to imply that if the recording is not checked, then you have not consented to this and so it will not record.

There is a separate section of the manual that talks about other safety system details it might record for similar scenarios.

Page 324 (very end) and 325 of the manual:

Driver Monitoring Camera - when recording is enabled, then in a wreck it records that and the cameras on the edges of the car (and presumably if you have a dashcam). I assume so that if you need for insurance to show that you were looking forward and the other car was at fault, etc. The manual seems to imply that if the recording is not checked, then you have not consented to this and so it will not record.

There is a separate section of the manual that talks about other safety system details it might record for similar scenarios.
That is exactly where my confusion is. It seems from the manual that Toyota did record images/video on the car, but there seems no way I can collect it as owner.

BTW "Driver Monitoring Camera" usually means the one that is facing you. On Land Cruiser that camera located on your driving wheels. If my understanding is true that camera can't really help you with anything for insurance other than you are not distracted.

Back