Digital Key

I’m using it daily. It’s still a little wonky (eg need to launch the app and give it time to connect), but love the simplicity of leaving the key fob behind in certain scenarios. I did have to reset it once, dealer was no help, but I eventually found the steps posted in another forum and it worked like a charm. I’ll post them here when I get a minute.

Digital Key Re-set:

(In cases where you’re getting errors downloading the digital key. Reposted from a Reddit forum. Worked for me.)

“First delete the Toyota app. Then turn off your Wi-Fi and just use your mobile carrier data. Then re-download the app using your mobile data, not Wi-Fi. Then sign into the app. Then, BEFORE you “connect your vehicle“ in the app, make sure Bluetooth is turned on on your phone, get your key fob, and go out to your car and turn on your car. THEN connect your vehicle using the app, and download the digital key. Then you should be able to start your car with just the phone in the car.”

Would be cool if Toyota develops an Apple Watch version of the app.
You mean something like this:

IMG_7313.jpeg

I waited for the premium package to be available specifically for the digital key feature - $5k to not carry a fob is kind of crazy but it was important to me. I've found that if you switch between using a key fob and your phone, the digital key becomes really wonky. If you're consistently using the digital key, it gets much better.

Further, if you go into settings, within the Toyota App, and change the Manual Key Sensitivity to On and change the sensitivity level to High, locking your doors when leaving the vehicle becomes challenging. It thinks the key is still in the car. So I turned the Manual Key Sensitivity setting off, which puts the sensitivity setting back to medium and it worked much better.

IMG_1717.png

I believe that if you have already downloaded the Toyota app and set up the digital key, then all you need to do is add it to the watch from the "Available Apps" list on your Apple Watch app on your IPhone.
Excellent! TY!!!

In Toyota land, is a subscription required? For Fords this is just part of the car. I don’t use the app often, but still, there’s nothing quite so cool as being able to control your car from your watch.
1722189298459.jpeg

In Toyota land, is a subscription required? For Fords this is just part of the car. I don’t use the app often, but still, there’s nothing quite so cool as being able to control your car from your watch.
View attachment 6248
For Toyota a subscription is required, although it is free for the first year. This thread is titled “digital key”, and that is something separate from the remote features in the app and the watch app.

The digital key actually replaces your physical key fob whereas the apps only provide remote functions like starting your vehicle, locking it and so forth. Both do require a subscription after the first year.

Back