Digital backview camera based mirror

FarooqMCSE

πŸ“› Founding Member
Sep 11, 2023
Chino, CA 91710
Vehicles
Land Cruiser year 2000
Hi everyone,
Falling in love with my Meteor Shower Land Cruiser Land Cruiser.
Have 2 questions. The inside cabin, back view digital mirror. What do I do, when I have a need, to convert that digital into a regular mirror?
2)My outside side view mirrors, sometimes they fold at engine turn off and sometimes they stay deployed, fully open. Do not know the reason.
Any ideas from my contemporaries please

Hi everyone,
Have 2 questions. The inside cabin, back view digital mirror. What do I do, when I have a need, to convert that digital into a regular mirror?
2)My outside side view mirrors, sometimes they fold at engine turn off and sometimes they stay deployed, fully open. Do not know the reason.

There's a button on the bottom of the center of the rear view mirror that changes it to a regular mirror, just flip the button down. :)

The mirrors fold only when the doors are locked. :)

There's a button on the bottom of the center of the rear view mirror that changes it to a regular mirror, just flip the button down. :)

The mirrors fold only when the doors are locked. :)
Hi JSFoster75, Thank you for very informative and quick reply. I will try to find that button. Did not locate it yet.
Side view mirrors did not fold when the doors were locked. Some other setting is disabling this side view folding function. I will pay more attention next time. Have a great weekend.

Hi JSFoster75, Thank you for very informative and quick reply. I will try to find that button. Did not locate it yet.
Side view mirrors did not fold when the doors were locked. Some other setting is disabling this side view folding function. I will pay more attention next time. Have a great weekend.

Hmmm, there should be a button near the mirror buttons on the drivers door that turns them on/off, but there's also a setting under "Vehicle Settings" that controls them if memory serves...

Hi everyone,
For side mirrors start on page 179

Does the passenger side mirror dip down to the kerb when you engage reverse like some European cars do, to see the kerb when reversing?

Does the passenger side mirror dip down to the kerb when you engage reverse like some European cars do, to see the kerb when reversing?
The mirrors will dip. Once you are in reverse and the mirrors have dipped, you can adjust them to meet your reversing needs. The next time you engage reverse, the mirrors will return to that adjusted position.

I do not know there are individual 'dipped' positions saved for each of the two driver preset buttons.

Cheers!

The mirrors will dip. Once you are in reverse and the mirrors have dipped, you can adjust them to meet your reversing needs. The next time you engage reverse, the mirrors will return to that adjusted position.

I do not know there are individual 'dipped' positions saved for each of the two driver preset buttons.

Cheers!
Yes, they dip down. But you need to select either left or right mirror on the mirror adjustment controller. It is somewhat strange they set it up like this, but if neither is selected they will not dip.

1724533204959.png

You may want to check the mirror fold/unfold toggle switch above the window control panel on the driverside door.

I just scoot down when they do that. There is an Auto button on the driver's side which when set on causes the mirrors to fold in when locking car.

Back