Dealer added exterior ceramic coating and full around tint

mrpoopyface

đź“› Founding Member
Jul 6, 2024
Texas
Vehicles
wagoneer
Dealer added exterior ceramic coating and full around tint for 2299$. Is that a good deal? And what exactly is ceramic coating for the paint?

I was quoted 250$ for driver/passenger window tint for XPEL Prime. The other windows on the LC are already factory tinted.
Regarding the ceramic coating, someone else can provide the going rate. Ceramic coating is not PPF. It’s a liquid applied to the car paint.

I was quoted 250$ for driver/passenger window tint for XPEL Prime. The other windows on the LC are already factory tinted.
Regarding the ceramic coating, someone else can provide the going rate. Ceramic coating is not PPF. It’s a liquid applied to the car paint.
The windows aren’t tinted from the factory. It’s privacy glass so they’re a little darker, but they don’t provide any heat rejection or uv protection like tinting them would.

I've met a few people with "high end" cars so to speak and all talk about this ceramic coating? I believe you have to wash the vehicle a "certain" way???

A dealer applied ceramic coating is likely the dealership car wash kid wiping $50 worth of product on your brand new LC (hopefully after he washed it). I would be inspecting the clear coat very carefully before purchasing.

Ask If it was done by a professional detailing company and if a paint correction was done before the application. If the paint correction was done, then it was likely done correctly and it will provide at least a year or so of decent protection before it begins to wear off.

IMO a good coat of wax and a quality detailer spray/polish every 6 months is far less expensive and provides similar results.

My driver and passenger windows are marked UV on the corner brand on the glass. I’m assuming that they block UV by 99% by what seems to be here:

Now the rear side windows are not marked UV.
I did not check the front windshield.

Dealer added exterior ceramic coating and full around tint for 2299$. Is that a good deal? And what exactly is ceramic coating for the paint?
Frankly no that is not a good deal. That’s a means of them spending $300 and charging you $2,300.

It has to be said: Toyota North America has a huge problem on their hands with their US dealer network. Toyota dealers seem to really be acting like scumbags ever since COVID-19 kicked off. What a group of absolute shit heels.

Back