Darn Seatbelt Warning new 2024

BILL

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 24, 2024
Colorado
Vehicles
2005, 2021, 2024 Toyota Land Cruisers
I have scraped off the wires to drivers seatbelt. There is a pair of black wires. There is a pair of white and green.
I am assuming the black wires shorted will kill the seatbelt bells on the driver side. Opening gates and sucn on a ranch
are a pain with the seatbelt bells and the dealer won't turn them up.

Can anyone shed some light on which wires to crimp together. I am guessing the blacks.

Thanks, Bill

I have scraped off the wires to drivers seatbelt. There is a pair of black wires. There is a pair of white and green.
I am assuming the black wires shorted will kill the seatbelt bells on the driver side. Opening gates and sucn on a ranch
are a pain with the seatbelt bells and the dealer won't turn them up.

Can anyone shed some light on which wires to crimp together. I am guessing the blacks.

Thanks, Bill
Save yourself the trouble and just get a Carissa

Given the liability issue, I certainly do not blame the dealer!
Well it's a land cruiser and I always wear a belt but on a ranch passing through gates I would rather not have to belt up each time. It never was a liability issue for the 2005 or my Tundra. Now it's a problem

Could look at something like this. Believe you just put them in the slot and it fools the computer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240824_171150_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240824_171150_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 24
Well it's a land cruiser and I always wear a belt but on a ranch passing through gates I would rather not have to belt up each time. It never was a liability issue for the 2005 or my Tundra. Now it's a problem
I perfectly understand the gates issue. They can be a pain. Was just looking at it from the standpoint of the dealer being requested to disable a safety device.

I still need help on this issue

Is there a particular model of the Carista that works best with the LCs?
I bought mine from Amazon back in 2016 for my 5th gen. I have since used it on many cars. Just download a apk file and you don't even need subscription.

I bought mine from Amazon back in 2016 for my 5th gen. I have since used it on many cars. Just download a apk file and you don't even need subscription.
Does the apk option only work on Android? Curious if there are steps on how to do this on iPhone?

Last edited:
Dealer (that I didn't buy from) disabled my audible seatbelt alarm when I had my first oil change. Had to wait a long time as a tech had to do it in the shop which takes away from scheduled revenue making jobs that are already in que. You're basically asking for a free favor that has no upside for them so turn on the smile machine with the Service Writer.

Last edited:
Just bought the EVO version from Amazon. It claimed a wider vehicle compatibility and the cost difference was negligible. Thanks to the group for the information.

Back