Damaged Sunroof gasket

Ditchnap

📛 Founding Member
Jul 15, 2024
Media
Dubuque, Iowa
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser 2024 4Runner
Noticed this tonight, the gasket on the sunroof has a tear/hole in it. 333 miles on the odd, back to the dealer it goes for warranty work.
IMG_7133.JPG

Just wondering if this could've been a hidden problem before you noticed it. Did you take your car through a car wash before you noticed this? how did you come to notice this?

Just wondering if this could've been a hidden problem before you noticed it. Did you take your car through a car wash before you noticed this? how did you come to notice this?
We owned for 4 days when I noticed it. I was getting ready to wash it and seeing where to place the ladder when I saw it. No way it happened in the 4 days we owned it

We owned for 4 days when I noticed it. I was getting ready to wash it and seeing where to place the ladder when I saw it. No way it happened in the 4 days we owned it
Funny. You DO need a ladder to wash this thing. I have a FE and not sure I am ever going to wash under the roof/cargo box. I need to open the door and stand in the doorway just to wash the middle of the upper windshield and I am 5'10" :) The thing is BIG.

Funny. You DO need a ladder to wash this thing. I have a FE and not sure I am ever going to wash under the roof/cargo box. I need to open the door and stand in the doorway just to wash the middle of the upper windshield and I am 5'10" :) The thing is BIG.
We have the same rack on ours as the FE’s. I was cursing the rack when I was washing and drying the roof!

Gasket was replaced under warranty earlier this week. Took them about 4 hours total.

Back