Coloring matching fog light cover & swapping out fog lights

LouNYC

📛 Founding Member
Jul 8, 2024
Media
Central NJ
Hello everyone, I was thinking about color matching the plastic fog light cover, as well as swapping out the fog lights for amber ones. Do you guys think it's a simple job to remove covers? TIA
IMG_3359.jpg

You can change the color of the fog lights from white to amber using the switch to the left of the steering column.

Hello everyone, I was thinking about color matching the plastic fog light cover, as well as swapping out the fog lights for amber ones. Do you guys think it's a simple job to remove covers? TIA
View attachment 6685
Hi I think they will just pop off but use a trim tool save breaking clips etc where did you get the badge of in the grill yellow/orange/red
Dave in the UK

Thank you very much for finding that thread. Doesn't look that simple.
You're welcome. It's hard to tell from the bumper disassembly PDF. On there, it looks like it's all one piece but I'm not sure if it's different from a 1958vLCvFE since some are color-matched (mine is).

Overall though, I don't think it's not too hard to remove since it looks like it's just the pop rivets/clips that hold the plastic bits on.

You're welcome. It's hard to tell from the bumper disassembly PDF. On there, it looks like it's all one piece but I'm not sure if it's different from a 1958vLCvFE since some are color-matched (mine is).

Overall though, I don't think it's not too hard to remove since it looks like it's just the pop rivets/clips that hold the plastic bits on.
Might give it a try once I find the same Rigid fog lights in amber. Looking for plug and play.

Back