Cargo space dimensions with seats folded?

Markarian421

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Mar 8, 2024
Media
SFBay CA
Vehicles
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2023 Volvo S60 T8
For those of us looking into what will fit in the cargo area, can anyone point me to or measure for themselves some dimensions of the cargo area (for the US spec hybrid version) with the seats folded up and the rear door closed? In particular:
  • Distance from door to seat backs at floor and seat top level (seats folded up, not flat)
  • Entrance height with door open
  • Approx. min height with door closed (excluding edges of the area where the ceiling might slope down)
  • Min width at floor level
  • Anything else you might think is useful!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Planning on making a platform for sleeping in the back with the 2/3 seat folded down to level out the space. How big of a "lip" does the folded down second row create (preventing the cargo space from being flat)? 3-4 inches?

This video was pretty thorough

That helpd a lot. Unfortunately he didn't measure from the back of a folded up seat, only with the seats folded down to the back of the front row seats. I'd like to know that distance.

Some of the measurements I did get out of that:
Front to back, 43" with the back seats in place, about 6' to the back of the front seats with them down.
Opening height about 31.5", tallest height in the back a bit less than 36".
Narrowest width on the floor is 43", about 50" wide in the back behind that.

Will add to this, he measured OA length for garaging at 186 inches.

I measured the rear cargo height above the folded down second row seats as 31.5 inches. If you build a level platform with the seats folded down (not tumbled forward) this will be the headroom to expect in your sleeping area.

Last edited:
Back