Braking stability

quant777

📛 Founding Member
Oct 1, 2024
Media
California
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 2024
I have never had a vehicle this tall. Yesterday, I had to make a steep brake while driving at 70 mph downhill because the car in front of me stopped suddenly. It wasn't too risky, no skidding, etc. However, I did feel the body of the vehicle swaying left and right, which I have never experienced before with other SUVs like the BMW X3. I'd like to hear some experiences from others and any tips, etc.

Sounds fishy. Maybe a dash cam would be a good idea.

Miss Daisy has never been unstable, yet, at speed or otherwise.

Several early YT video reviews noted this, haven't panic-stopped myself yet. I would think it could be addressed in re-programming the ABS system via firmware, so if it's actually ubiquitous, hopefully Toyota will tweak it.

I have never had a vehicle this tall. Yesterday, I had to make a steep brake while driving at 70 mph downhill because the car in front of me stopped suddenly. It wasn't too risky, no skidding, etc. However, I did feel the body of the vehicle swaying left and right, which I have never experienced before with other SUVs like the BMW X3. I'd like to hear some experiences from others and any tips, etc.
Keep in mind the X3 is a tiny vehicle which is designed for women and tiny men. It is significantly smaller, lower to the ground, and is MUCH lighter in weight than the Land Cruiser. I find the LC's brakes to be superb and locks it down very effectively.
Just by way of Newton's Law, you will have a significant difference in the overall feel of the brake system.

Back