Best Weather Radar Application

PACruiser

📛 Founding Member
Oct 2, 2024
Media
California
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
IMHO, one of the most useful applications when traveling is a dynamic weather radar. It can show real-time images of rain, air pressure, and storm fronts and be played forward or backwards to get an impression of what is going to cross your path.

Some vendors like Jeep offer built in weather apps and of course there are several available for download on Apple or Android. Any suggestions on the best one for on road/off road use with the new Land Cruisers?

I like Storm Radar on my phone but I haven’t checked how Car Play compatible it is. It did keep me from driving into a hail storm once. I’m interested to hear other folks’ suggestions.

IMHO, one of the most useful applications when traveling is a dynamic weather radar. It can show real-time images of rain, air pressure, and storm fronts and be played forward or backwards to get an impression of what is going to cross your path.

Some vendors like Jeep offer built in weather apps and of course there are several available for download on Apple or Android. Any suggestions on the best one for on road/off road use with the new Land Cruisers?
May want to also review and evaluate "MyRadar" for iOS, which is also Apple CarPlay compatible...current app has a 4.8 rating in the App Store...annual subscription is $29.99...

May want to also review and evaluate "MyRadar" for iOS, which is also Apple CarPlay compatible...current app has a 4.8 rating in the App Store...annual subscription is $29.99...
I used that for well over a decade, and loved it. My Radar now sells your info, especially to insurance companies. So it got deleted. Now I make do with the Apple weather app radar thought not as good as My Radar was.

I used that for well over a decade, and loved it. My Radar now sells your info, especially to insurance companies. So it got deleted. Now I make do with the Apple weather app radar thought not as good as My Radar was.
Thanks...I'd give My Radar some slack if selling one's info was only for their free version. After seeing your reply, I scanned through their iOS paid app terms and disclaimers on my iPhone...may have missed selling personal info or it's somewhat "hidden" in their terms and conditions (T&Cs). Their T&Cs are a in a big legal "junkyard"...like most other companies' T&Cs...

You have to enable My Drives for them to sell the info to insurance companies. Also, make sure you check Do Not Sell my personal information in the privacy settings.

IMG_1273.jpeg

Last edited:
You have to enable My Drives for them to sell the info to insurance companies. Also, make sure you check Do Not Sell my perinatal information in the privacy settings.

View attachment 15183
Thanks...found the setting under Privacy Settings in the App. Enabled it to keep my information Private. Screenshot of my settings attached.
MyDrives must be for the myRadar Google App, as there is no similar feature on the MyRadar iOS app, e.g., no iCloud Drive storage / switch...

Attachments

• MyRadar iOS Privacy Settings.jpg
    MyRadar iOS Privacy Settings.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 3
Thanks...found the setting under Privacy Settings in the App. Enabled it to keep my information Private. Screenshot of my settings attached.
MyDrives must be for the myRadar Google App, as there is no similar feature on the MyRadar iOS app, e.g., no iCloud Drive storage / switch...
The My Drives is on the iOS app if you pull down from the top to open the multi day screen. Scroll down to the bottom and make sure it isn't turned on. From what i've read, it is off by default

Back