Apple car play inconsistency

BrickShitHouse

📛 Founding Member
Sep 5, 2024
Rhode island
Vehicles
2024 Landcruiser
I’ve been trying to work out if there is a trigger for the way apple car play connects to my 24 LC. Sometime I start the vehicle and it displays my ca play screen automatically. Other times it loads the Toyota interface and I have to hit the car play button. I have not been able to figure out how to connect to car play after getting in the vehicle from remote starting with out restarting. Anybody have insight?

After a remote start you get in your car and you push the start button and you have to go into your screen and reenable CarPlay under settings, Bluetooth and devices.

1725580031380.png

After a remote start you get in your car and you push the start button and you have to go into your screen and reenable CarPlay under settings, Bluetooth and devices.

View attachment 10693
Thank you very much for that. Under normal starting conditions is your experience that it defaults to the Apple car play dashboard or the Toyota dashboard. As I’ve had both happen to me

I have the same experience when starting normally. But, even though, it might display the Toyota dashboard, the CarPlay icon is displayed at the top of the left side menu. Thus, I haven’t been bothered by that whereas I’ve had vehicles where it sometimes takes much longer for CarPlay (wired or wireless) to be enabled.

Thank you very much for that. Under normal starting conditions is your experience that it defaults to the Apple car play dashboard or the Toyota dashboard. As I’ve had both happen to me
I think it might depend on if you have something playing in CarPlay or not. I’ve had to come up both ways but a lot of times when my CarPlay will display on the screen something is playing.

I had the same issue. You have to delete the other iPhone from the Bluetooth device list. There can only be one. Now, Apple CarPlay starts automatically every time I start the car. My wife created her own Toyota profile and paired her phone under her profile.

Back