Any issues using remote start in the app and then it not syncing when in vehicle?

PC3

📛 Founding Member
Jul 15, 2024
Michigan
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
I've been able to use the key fob to start the LC without issue, but that requires line of sight. The app remote start works, although I've recently run into an issue. When I get in the LC, the app keeps counting down to auto shut off despite the fact that the vehicle has started. Attempting to close and restart the app then sends the infotainment system into white screen of death. I live in MI, so the remote start is preferred in the winter.

Taking it in for 5k service today so will ask and report back if any clarity, but wondering if others have had this issue, and any insights on how to fix.

Otherwise, love the truck. Loved my 2019 4Runner as well, but ride, handling, and features on the LC have exceeded my expectations.

PC3
1958 Black

Most, if not all, vehicles with some sort of remote start will have a safety feature for it to shut down after say 10-15 minutes in case it is in a garage to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Perhaps this is what you are encountering?

Most, if not all, vehicles with some sort of remote start will have a safety feature for it to shut down after say 10-15 minutes in case it is in a garage to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Perhaps this is what you are encountering?
In this case, the safety feature you mention - countdown to auto power off - within the app continues even after you get in the vehicle and push the start button, which is what you are directed to do by the LC infotainment screen. If you then "cancel" the countdown in the app it completely discombobulates the infotainment system.

If you don't cancel the auto power off, then it just counts down but doesn't shut the vehicle off. In this case, the vehicle and the app don't sync, so you either have to drive without connecting your phone to the vehicle, or turn off the radio and re-sync while driving.

Anyway, not fatal, but I've had several cars with remote start both on the fob and the app, and this is the clunkiest by far. I asked the dealer, and they recommended calling Toyota. So, my workaround for now is to start the car, get in, push the start button, cancel the app remote start, then turn the radio on and off, and the phone re-syncs with the car. On the + side, if you leave the seat warmer and steering wheel warmer on when you turn the car off, those will come on with remote start, which is a deviation from say the Honda remote start system.

Welcome to 2024!

Back