2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Rock Slider Install: Westcott Designs

Is anyone else not thrilled with having to drill holes into the frame to install these? Also the various ways they add bolts through the larger holes in the frame don’t seem like they would add much strength. I’m honestly disappointed. I had their 4Runner sliders and everything was a direct bolt on and very secure. I’m heavily considering canceling my order.

Last edited:
Is anyone else not thrilled with having to drill holes into the frame to install these? Also the various ways they add bolts through the larger holes in the frame don’t seem like they would add much strength. I’m honestly disappointed. I had their 4Runner sliders and everything was a direct bolt on and very secure. I’m heavily considering canceling my order.
Agreed, as soon as they got to the drilling part I thought “that’s not a great design” and stopped watching.

Yeah, I like the sliders but not the structural manipulation that’s required to install them. I’ll hold off for now and see what other options hit the market.
a little hair to be had drilling or ‘opening holes’ very near or on joints/welds, no? I’m no engineer so maybe this is fine and these sliders will pass long-term field testing with flying colors. But that’s probably longer than i want to wait. I hope BAMF’s stuff for the new Tacoma works on the 250 given the shared frames. Their stuff is solid.

IMG_2901.png

Westcott replied to my comment on drilling and said you only need to drill these holes if planning to really use them as rock sliders. I’m willing to bet most won’t, I know I won’t be intentionally using them as rock sliders. So figured they would work in a pinch with only 2 of the 4 underside bolts. Rivnuts don’t bother my at all, but not drilling front and back holes. Wish they had reused the Toyota OEM mount points and maybe add the 2 non-drill locations on top of that. Let the hardcore peeps drill the 2 outer holes.

Has anyone received the rock sliders from Westcott? I placed an order on May 24. It's been close to 11 weeks and no word of shipping. Everytime I call them, some rep says your order will ship in 2 weeks. I am thinking of cancelling my order.

Does anyone know whether the FE rock sliders required drilling the frame? Like the roof rack, I suspect these were installed at the Port and not in the factory.

Has anyone received the rock sliders from Westcott? I placed an order on May 24. It's been close to 11 weeks and no word of shipping. Everytime I call them, some rep says your order will ship in 2 weeks. I am thinking of cancelling my order.
That’s weird, I also placed my order on 5/24 and they were shipped on 6/26.

That’s weird, I also placed my order on 5/24 and they were shipped on 6/26.
Did you have to drill any holes to install? Can you share some pics? Thanks.

This is what I had ordered back in May.
Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 2.12.14 PM.png

Did you have to drill any holes to install? Can you share some pics? Thanks.

This is what I had ordered back in May.
View attachment 7238

The shop that installed them followed the Westcott installation video/guide, so same drill outs.

I posted pics in a different thread here: 2024+ Land Cruiser Ice Cap Photo Thread

Here's my order:
Pre-Order - All New 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Rock Sliders With Kickout
  • Material:
    DOM
  • Welding Process:
    TIG
  • Degree of Angle:
    20 Degrees
  • Top Plates:
    Without Top Plates
  • Color:
    Black

Anyone .. any idea on which shop can install this rock sliders in Northern VA? I called my local shop and they said they don't have tools to drill holes in the frame.

I'm waiting for C4 Fabrication to release theirs hoping it's using the stock mounting locations. Their page shows a list price of $1,099.00 and says coming soon with a notify via email option.

Anyone .. any idea on which shop can install this rock sliders in Northern VA? I called my local shop and they said they don't have tools to drill holes in the frame.
They don't have a drill and a step drill bit? Probably best to avoid anyways.

Back