16 days and counting…and now she is here!!!

ultane

📛 Founding Member
Jun 29, 2024
Media
SE USA
Vehicles
First Edition
LC FE is supposed to arrive in 16 days. Heritage Blue with 18” with street tires. May change those in time, if needed. We’ll see. My girl friend is kinda short. She wants to know if there are any ‘sissy steps’ to make it easier to get up into it. Told her I didn’t know yet.

Last edited:
LC FE is supposed to arrive in 16 days. Blue with 18” with street tires. May change those in time, if needed. We’ll see. My girl friend is kinda short. She wants to know if there are any ‘sissy steps’ to make it easier to get up into it. Told her I didn’t know yet.
You can get factory / dealerships installed predator steps I’m picking mine up on July 2nd will post photos

You can get factory / dealerships installed predator steps I’m picking mine up on July 2nd will post photos
I asked the sales rep guy who I am working with on the purchase.. He didn’t know what was available for this very new model of Toyota.

Last edited:
Talked to the salesperson yesterday. He said that the LC FE arrival has been pushed back from 7/16, to 7/22 - 7/27. What a drag. He also said that my FE was not affected by the QC hold, in any way. I am really jonesing for this to get here.

Good thing that I am a patient man.

I asked the sales rep guy who I am working with on the purchase.. He didn’t know what was available for this very new model of Toyota.
Instead of the OEM ones, take a look at Westcott Design's rock sliders. A zero degree angle and their included top plates will give you a great place to step while being able to take a hit without getting bent out of shape.

Talked to the salesperson yesterday. He said that the LC FE arrival has been pushed back from 7/16, to 7/22 - 7/27. What a drag. He also said that my FE was not affected by the QC hold, in any way. I am really jonesing for this to get here.

Good thing that I am a patient man.
It will be worth the wait, trust me. I have had mine for 24 hours and was worth the wait.

The Salesperson texted me this earlier today, which helps me chill a bit. But I am curious as to what assembly plant the “TMC Japan” label denotes.

Attachments

• 74187850023__68A5A840-064C-47DE-B307-3380ACD5E016.jpeg
    74187850023__68A5A840-064C-47DE-B307-3380ACD5E016.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 103
The Salesperson texted me this earlier today, which helps me chill a bit. But I am curious as to what assembly plant the “TMC Japan” label denotes.
You can look at your VIN for the plant, the character after the ‘R’ (2024) denotes plant. 5 is Tahara, I think others are seeing K for Hino.

You can look at your VIN for the plant, the character after the ‘R’ (2024) denotes plant. 5 is Tahara, I think others are seeing K for Hino.
Yea.. just as others have said. My VIN has a K. I had hoped mine would be built in the world famous Tahara Plant, since Dave from Automotive Engineering stated that ALL LC FE’s were built at Tahara….. and that the T in the TMC would have somehow magically meant ‘Tahara’.

I placed the deposit on 6/25/24.

I got this text from the salesman this morning..

“I actually think your LC just got here”.

He is supposed to send pictures, but is helping ‘another gentleman’ he says.

It’s 375 miles away from me. Long drive ahead. I’m ready..

I got these from him a little while ago. Now I just need to drive 375 miles to seal the deal. Hopefully soon.

Attachments

• IMG_9545.jpeg
    IMG_9545.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9544.jpeg
    IMG_9544.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9546.jpeg
    IMG_9546.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9547.jpeg
    IMG_9547.jpeg
    380.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9543.jpeg
    IMG_9543.jpeg
    533.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9549.jpeg
    IMG_9549.jpeg
    524 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9548.jpeg
    IMG_9548.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 91
Well, I picked up “Daisy” today. It was kinda nerve racking, as is driving her. I have so much to learn about all the do-dads and gizmos on this truck. Only drove ~60 miles to get back to my daughter’s house, and saw 21.5 mpg, until I got into stop and go traffic north of Atlanta. Put 16.9 gallons of 90 octane Ethanol Free gasoline in the tank.

I was very pleased with the comfort of the ride, but I think the tires are over inflated. 40psi on three of them, and 39psi on one of them(I think that is what I saw on the app), but I don’t know if that was because they were ‘hot’ after driving. Tire placard on the B pillar says they should have 33 psi in them (Michelins). I will check them again in the morning with an accurate tire gauge.

It was hot outside, but the AC got the grandkids (2 1/2, 5, 7) very cold, very fast, so I was glad my daughter brought blankets for them. I meant to, but didn’t get to try out the cold box, but will soon.

The young salesman got me signed up on the Toyota App (which has a lot of bugs in it) before leaving the dealership, with the exception of getting a digital key loaded on my iPhone. His comment, well, this app is ‘buggy’. Tried several times, no joy. I stopped to feed the grandkids and daughter, when getting closer to her house, and the app told me that one of my windows (RR) was open, but when I went out and checked, all were tightly closed. Went back into the restaurant, and the Toyota App had kicked me out, and now I cannot sign back in to it. 😖

Going to the tint shop tomorrow. Ceramic tint everywhere, even the windshield and sunroof.

I am quite sure that I am going to like this truck, a lot!

Last edited:
Well, I picked up “Daisy” today. It was kinda nerve racking, as is driving her. I have so much to learn about all the do-dads and gizmos on this truck. Only drove ~60 miles to get back to my daughter’s house, and saw 21.5 mpg, until I got into stop and go traffic north of Atlanta. Put 16.9 gallons of 90 octane Ethanol Free gasoline in the tank.

I was very pleased with the comfort of the ride, but I think the tires are over inflated. 39psi on three of them, and 38psi on one of them(I think that is what I saw on the app), but I don’t know if that was because they were ‘hot’ after driving. Tire placard on the B pillar says they should have 33 psi in them (Michelins). I will check them again in the morning with an accurate tire gauge.

It was hot outside, but the AC got the grandkids (2 1/2, 5, 7) very cold, very fast, so I was glad my daughter brought blankets for them. I meant to, but didn’t get to try out the cold box, but will soon.

The young salesman got me signed up on the Toyota App (which has a lot of bugs in it) before leaving the dealership. Stopped to feed the grandkids and daughter, when getting closer to her house, and the app told me that one of my windows (RR) was open, but when I went out and checked, all were tightly closed. Went back into the restaurant, and the Toyota App had kicked me out, and now I cannot sign back in to it. 😖

Going to the tint shop tomorrow. Ceramic tint everywhere, even the windshield and sunroof.

So one of the things I learned from someone on this forum.......... If you use the blinker the lane correction won't fight you when changing lanes.

Something I learned on my own.......... if the radio quits working all of a sudden, try turning up the volume, I was trying to learn the display settings and must of turned the volume down with the steering wheel switch by accident. I was pissed until I pressed the steering wheel button "up" and the radio started working again......LOL.

I was very pleased with the comfort of the ride, but I think the tires are over inflated. 39psi on three of them, and 38psi on one of them(I think that is what I saw on the app), but I don’t know if that was because they were ‘hot’ after driving. Tire placard on the B pillar says they should have 33 psi in them (Michelins). I will check them again in the morning with an accurate tire gauge.

The young salesman got me signed up on the Toyota App (which has a lot of bugs in it) before leaving the dealership. Stopped to feed the grandkids and daughter, when getting closer to her house, and the app told me that one of my windows (RR) was open, but when I went out and checked, all were tightly closed. Went back into the restaurant, and the Toyota App had kicked me out, and now I cannot sign back in to it. 😖

Congratulations! I’m 2 weeks and 900 miles ahead of you. Put PPF on hood, fenders, A pillars, roof, mirrors and door sills with ceramic everywhere else. Already prevented rock hits from chipping paint. The stock LTX trail tires are absolute crap, paper thin sidewalls replaced with K03’s in stock size. As close to indestructible as you will get.
I’ve spent 2 or 3 days reading the owners manual. Never have done that before my hybrid F 150 I’ve never even looked in the manual. Once you set the screen options on the 3 multi info displays, have your settings you want on driver assist etc, and know all the features of the multi media display you are good to go!

Back