Post Your Land Cruiser Delivery Day Photos!

Pardon my ignorance. What does “15.3 gallons at 5 miles remaining of range” mean? Thanks!

Oh maybe I’ll check that once I get to remove that “iforcetransformercaptainamerica” badge in the back 🤣
Then you lose the power of your magic decoder ring. You got one of those, right?

Pardon my ignorance. What does “15.3 gallons at 5 miles remaining of range” mean? Thanks!
That means that the fuel tank took 15.3 gallons of fuel when he "filled it up" (with 5 miles of range displaying on the trip computer). The fuel tank on the LC is 17.9 gallons. So, either the distance to empty (DTE) display is VERY conservative or he didn't fully fill the tank with fuel. My experience with many modern Toyota models (GR86, Corolla Hatchback, and GR Corolla) is that I've never been able to add a full tank of fuel (even with the DTE at 0 miles to empty). But 2.5 gallons is quite the buffer (on the LC). We'll see what others experience when they fill the tank on their LC.

That means that the fuel tank took 15.3 gallons of fuel when he "filled it up" (with 5 miles of range displaying on the trip computer). The fuel tank on the LC is 17.9 gallons. So, either the distance to empty (DTE) display is VERY conservative or he didn't fully fill the tank with fuel. My experience with many modern Toyota models (GR86, Corolla Hatchback, and GR Corolla) is that I've never been able to add a full tank of fuel (even with the DTE at 0 miles to empty). But 2.5 gallons is quite the buffer (on the LC). We'll see what others experience when they fill the tank on their LC.
Great answer, I fully agree. It depends how hard you try to fill the tank.... after the first click. Not recommended but you can fill one more gallon if you are determined to do this :rolleyes:

That’s what threw me. I thought it would’ve taken a fair bit more gasoline to fill it up when there was only 5 miles of range left. Thanks.

It helps to get these photos, when you work at the dealership.

Attachments

• IMG_4748.jpeg
    IMG_4748.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 57
That’s what threw me. I thought it would’ve taken a fair bit more gasoline to fill it up when there was only 5 miles of range left. Thanks.
It isn't 5 miles of range left until empty... it is "you should fill up the tank within 5 miles". If someone insists on running the tank to completely empty, which isn't a great idea, they would have more like 45-55 miles of range left. Those last ~2 gallons are considered reserve.

Back