My 24' First Edition is on the way

spietros

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 12, 2024
Boston
Vehicles
Land Cruiser - 2024 First Edition
Just thought I would post that my 2024 First Edition is on its way!

It should be here sometime after 4/22/2024. I was 9th in line at my local dealer (for any land cruiser) but saw an ad online asking $10K over sticker - and I thought "they might actually still have a vehicle at that price!". So I called and they still had it un-sold. I was able to talk them down to the $5K markup I was 9th in line for and got it!

According to my research the majority of the First Editions they shipped were black. Mine is black as well - which is a second choice to blue but I was lucky to find one. Will post pictures when it gets here!

Note: In January 2024 - I traded in a 2005 Land Cruiser that I bought new in 2005. My wife then two separate teenagers drove it as their primary car and put on over 275K miles. You couldn't kill it. 4 years of teenagers driving it - thru the woods, at the beach, sand, mud, swamps all the time with their friends and they still couldn't kill it. I traded it in for $4K when parts started breaking off due to New England rust on the suspension.

Great vehicles.

Congrats. Hopefully your wait from when it arrives at the port isn't too long. I am at 17 days waiting.

Congrats. Hopefully your wait from when it arrives at the port isn't too long. I am at 17 days waiting.
Thats a looooonnnngggggg time! Hope yours gets here soon. They come loaded so there shouldn't be much for them to do to it (like if you added extras or something).

Were you lucky enough to pay sticker or was there a premium for it?

Thats a looooonnnngggggg time! Hope yours gets here soon. They come loaded so there shouldn't be much for them to do to it (like if you added extras or something).

Were you lucky enough to pay sticker or was there a premium for it?
None have left the Benicia facility yet. Paid about $3500 over MSRP. Had a couple good options trades so the money didn't concern me. Rumor is the company providing skid plates didn't deliver on time but there has been a lack of urgency,

None have left the Benicia facility yet. Paid about $3500 over MSRP. Had a couple good options trades so the money didn't concern me. Rumor is the company providing skid plates didn't deliver on time but there has been a lack of urgency,
You would think the skid plates would be added at the factory for the First Edition. Good luck!

That's awesome! Congrats! You just might be the first on the forum to take delivery. Be sure to post some photos!

Just thought I would post that my 2024 First Edition is on its way!

It should be here sometime after 4/22/2024. I was 9th in line at my local dealer (for any land cruiser) but saw an ad online asking $10K over sticker - and I thought "they might actually still have a vehicle at that price!". So I called and they still had it un-sold. I was able to talk them down to the $5K markup I was 9th in line for and got it!

According to my research the majority of the First Editions they shipped were black. Mine is black as well - which is a second choice to blue but I was lucky to find one. Will post pictures when it gets here!

Note: In January 2024 - I traded in a 2005 Land Cruiser that I bought new in 2005. My wife then two separate teenagers drove it as their primary car and put on over 275K miles. You couldn't kill it. 4 years of teenagers driving it - thru the woods, at the beach, sand, mud, swamps all the time with their friends and they still couldn't kill it. I traded it in for $4K when parts started breaking off due to New England rust on the suspension.

Great vehicles.
Update - My LC landed in the NY port on 4/20/2024. It will be interesting to see how long it takes it to get to the dealer in CONN. The dealer's system says - "Date of dealership arrival is 4/25 - 5/16" or something along those lines...

Congrats, I'm still 4-6 weeks out

Attachments

• received_406383239012664.png
    received_406383239012664.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 47
Mine was scheduled for 4/15 however, the Dealer in NorCal just advised it is stuck at the port due to part delay. The skid plate and fog lamps have not been installed. No updated ETA.

Mine was scheduled for 4/15 however, the Dealer in NorCal just advised it is stuck at the port due to part delay. The skid plate and fog lamps have not been installed. No updated ETA.
This is such a clusterf^ck. Mine has been in Benicia 5 weeks and I finally cancelled since I am traveling. Hoping to get one in July.

Back