LC vehicle weight vs GX550

mdallas

📛 Founding Member
Apr 17, 2024
New England
Why does the GX550 weigh in approx 550 lbs heavier than the LC? I would think that the LC battery makes up for the GX V6, but beyond that?
thanks!

The GX has the 3rd row, and as you mention, the V6, a bit more sound-proofing, so that would be a few pounds, but 550?

Yes, the weight on the GX550 5,605 lbs (premium +) , and LC as 5,038lbs. Both from Lexus and Toyota web sites.

5038lbs is listed for all 3 trims. I expect that isn't accurate. The interior pieces are nicer (and probably heavier) on the mid and upper trim, the wheels and tires will be heavier, the front seats with power function will be heavier. The roof rack, sunroof, coolbox, etc will add some weight, too. I expect that the is probably a 150-200lbs weight difference between the base and mid/upper trim.

Yeah, those darned 22" wheels on the Luxury trims. WHAT are they thinking? A street princess, no off-roading for those trims. I even hate the idea of the 20" wheels on the LC with the Premium package.

Maybe some of that extra weight is due to e-KDSS on the GX.
Possibly. Curious how the respective trim level weights compare? Of course the e-KDSS is only available on the Overtrail trims, but they are excluded from a 3rd-row seat.

Possibly. Curious how the respective trim level weights compare? Of course the e-KDSS is only available on the Overtrail trims, but they are excluded from a 3rd-row seat.
I’d guess a lot of the extra weight is the 3rd row, bigger tires, and more cushioned cabin.

Back