iForce Max efficiency

LC-120

📛 Founding Member
Sep 13, 2023
Bucharest
Vehicles
Landcruiser 120 D4D
I wanted to test an iForce Max Hybrid Toyota and the only possibilities today, are Tundra of Sequoia.

Facts: During 15 min drive test with Tundra I tried whatever is possible to turn the engine off, but It was not possible ! The engine only turned off when I stopped the car, in ECO mode 🤕

Mpg was 16.2 but ... what many people said before: this hybrid powertrain is made for extra power&torque :ninja:, not for better efficiency.
The tests I've seen so far never exceeded 20 mpg.

Is there any chance to have a different setting on the 2.4T Hybrid iForce Max ? Not much. I am looking forward to see a test with this powertrain. Probably Tacoma will arrive before the LC 250.
It looks like those 25 mpg will be hard to get.

I wanted to test an iForce Max Hybrid Toyota and the only possibilities today, are Tundra of Sequoia.

Facts: During 15 min drive test with Tundra I tried whatever is possible to turn the engine off, but It was not possible ! The engine only turned off when I stopped the car, in ECO mode 🤕

Mpg was 16.2 but ... what many people said before: this hybrid powertrain is made for extra power&torque :ninja:, not for better efficiency.
The tests I've seen so far never exceeded 20 mpg.

Is there any chance to have a different setting on the 2.4T Hybrid iForce Max ? Not much. I am looking forward to see a test with this powertrain. Probably Tacoma will arrive before the LC 250.
It looks like those 25 mpg will be hard to get.
If you test drive the hybrid Sequoia, you'll be wowed by the torque. Easy acceleration from a massive vehicle.

I believe TRD Jon was getting around 22 MPG in the new Tacoma he purchased and drove down to Florida from Kentucky.

If you test drive the hybrid Sequoia, you'll be wowed by the torque. Easy acceleration from a massive vehicle.
It is the same for the hybrid Tundra I tested. Easy acceleration from a massive vehicle.

I believe TRD Jon was getting around 22 MPG in the new Tacoma he purchased and drove down to Florida from Kentucky.

Non-hybrid Tacoma did 22, the iForce Max Tacoma will not do much more. Maybe 23.

Do not expect much better efficiency from the Landcruiser. 25 mpg on the highway would be hard to get.

And for potential Tacoma hybrid owners I think that may be a bit of a disappointment. You’ll pay more for hybrid, but it will tow less, have less payload and just marginally get better mpg. Hopefully you’ll have more fun doing this ( acceleration & torque) 😊!!

Tundra and Sequoia are different engines, (Twin turbo V6 Hybrid, not a 4cy turbo hybrid) closest to what is currently available is the Grand Highlander Max, even then the electric engine is in a different postion. The exact engine is in the Tacoma TRD Pro and TrailHunter, but dont think those are released yet.

This is correct. We are looking what is the hybrid iForce Max efficiency vs the engine. V6 or 4-cilinder .... this hybrid system is not about efficiency.

I’m confident with conservative driving habits 26+ combined is attainable. It’s all in how you finesse the right foot. I pulled 22 mpg going from Seattle to Spokane in my son’s new “23” 3.5 liter NA Tacoma (not known for good mpg) with stop-n-go at both ends. Best my son can do is 18 mpg. Kid drives like he’s late for school everywhere he goes.

Back