Hello from South Texas

Dark_Horse

📛 Founding Member
Mar 7, 2024
Texas
Vehicles
2019 4Runner
I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided I wanted to join in on the fun and anticipation as a retirement gift to myself. Playing the long waiting game with everyone else. I was told by my dealership I'm #5 on the list. Currently driving a 2019 4Runner that my son is dying to get his hands on.

Welcome Dark_Horse! You could not ask for a better retirement gift to self. Question, did you just get on your dealer's wait list, or when?

Welcome to the forum Dark Horse!

Welcome Dark_Horse! You could not ask for a better retirement gift to self. Question, did you just get on your dealer's wait list, or when?
I actually got on it back in November, however they told me they weren’t taking “customers” yet. Then my salesman called me earlier this week and told me I’d be number 5 on their list. When I originally inquired, nobody had even asked, but I guess friends of the owner and managers bumped me. Oh well number 5 isn’t too bad, I’ll take it.

Thank y’all for the welcome. Hope to get some good information from everyone on here.

Looks like Gulf States Toyota is late to the party, or is busy coming up with what kind BS adds they gonna put on the Land Cruiser. So far nothing, only coastal and mountain area got allocations. I'll check with my dealer next week to see if I'm still #1 on the waitlist, put a deposit in August 2023

Looks like Gulf States Toyota is late to the party, or is busy coming up with what kind BS adds they gonna put on the Land Cruiser. So far nothing, only coastal and mountain area got allocations. I'll check with my dealer next week to see if I'm still #1 on the waitlist, put a deposit in August 2023
I did see that Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa had some LC250s in the pipeline, so the distribution is filling out more, now, it seems.

From reading various forums, it seems the Gulf States distributer is guilty of extreme port add-ons. Sad that corporate Toyota turns a blind eye. Market arrogance.

From reading various forums, it seems the Gulf States distributer is guilty of extreme port add-ons. Sad that corporate Toyota turns a blind eye. Market arrogance.
Yes, unfortunately i was told by my dealership Gulf States will put a bunch of add-ons that no one really wants to inflate the car prices. Fingers crossed that as other areas receive their allocations, we'll start seeing some movement down here.

Toyota corporate sadly has no say in distributor/port options, and I think the problem got worse during pandemic shortage, they loaded EVERY vehicle whatever option possible.
Luckily, all those port installed options have to be Toyota sanctioned, so they can't just conjure up BS stuff like nitrogen tires that dealership can do.

Seems we have just a few port installed options, I only care about body side molding but I can do without.
Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 1.23.12 PM.png

Back