Hello from KS

Anarchy

📛 Founding Member
Aug 19, 2023
Kansas
Vehicles
Tundra
Hey All,

Just here looking for more information on the new land cruiser and also considering the new gx 550.

I currently have a 2020 Tundra, but my needs are more towards an suv so looking to switch.

Hey All,

Just here looking for more information on the new land cruiser and also considering the new gx 550.

I currently have a 2020 Tundra, but my needs are more towards an suv so looking to switch.
I am also looking hard at the GX 550 versus a Land Cruiser. It will be quieter and better appointed than the LC, but the fuel economy will be dismal, 16 combined I think. Lexus has said a hybrid will be coming, and we know it will be the same hybrid as in the 2024 Tacoma, not the Tundra V6. Probably 26-28 MPG, but knowing Lexus, it will need premium fuel. Plus, the GX 550 has SIX trim levels to choose from, versus a measly two for the LC, not counting the First Edition, as it will be nearly impossible to get, and my dealer said if they get a First Edition, it will be $10K over. Heck, for $10K over, opting for the GX 500 is a no-brainer. Well, presuming that one can get it at MSRP.

Welcome to the forum @Anarchy - I'm going back and forth between those two vehicles as well. I'm leaning more towards the Land Cruiser due to the fuel mileage but love the looks of the GX550.

Back