Greetings from a 2004 LC

Even if you want to do some off-roading in winter, it will be light off roading because of snow and ice. Your options for offroad trails in winter are pretty limited around here as many of the highways going where you'd want to go are closed December 1st.

I have these on my Tundra, and they are excellent winter tires. Have also had Bridgestone Blizzaks with good success. Not sure if you can get these in the size you're after, but might be worth getting winter rims as it's much easier to swap back and forth each season.

Try contacting these guys. They take good care of me: Tires and Auto Repair | Calgary, AB, Canada | Tire Pirates
Thank you very much.

Thank you all for your great suggestions and advise. Finally, I got the Michelin X ice snow tires for my car. Still need to tested.

Could you please share your feedback about the Bravo Series AT 771 tires? Has anyone used them during the summers?

Thanking you all in advance.

I can’t add much more to the discussion other than to say welcome to Calgary!

Welcome to the forum! đź‘‹

You want to look for a tire that is 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake rated. Below is a list of recommended tires with this rating.

Discover the Best All-Terrain Tires Approved for Snowy Adventures​

Driving a truck or SUV certainly has advantages when that first big winter snow hits or you head to the mountains for some adventures. Trekking across snow and ice is much easier and safer- especially if you have the right all-terrain car tires equipped.

Most all-terrain tires are designed to work on various surfaces, including dirt, gravel, and light snow, but they might not be fully suited to tackle serious cold weather conditions. If you’re planning to deal with heavy snow and ice, you’ll want a set of all-terrain tires marked with the 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) rating.

In this post, we’ll explain what the 3PMSF rating is and how tires under this marking perform well in cold weather. We’ll also list some of the best all-terrain tires for snow. There’s one for every budget and need out there, we promise.

What Are All-Terrain Tires?​

Let’s explore 3PMSF’s best all-terrain tires by discussing what the average all-terrain tire does.

All-terrain tires, or A/T tires, are designed to perform adeptly on and off-road. They can handle wet and dry conditions, dirt, gravel, and light snow. Think of them as the happy middle ground between “mud tires” and highway tires. They’ll provide a smooth, safe ride on the street, gravel, and mud.

A/T tires can be used on both 4WD and 2WD vehicles. While many searches for all-terrain car tires, they can only be used on light trucks, SUVs, and some CUVs – but never passenger cars. Many truck owners equip their vehicles with A/T tires to handle various road types and weather conditions.

The Best All-Terrain Tires with the 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake​

All-terrain tires are designed to handle various conditions, from rocky trails to snowy roads. But not all of them are created equal. The 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake rating indicates that a tire is equipped to handle severe snowy conditions. Today, we’ll delve into the world of the best all-terrain tires that proudly carry this coveted badge, and we’ve got a video to showcase their performance!

Why the 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake Rating Matters​

This particular rating isn’t just a fancy icon. Tires with the 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol have undergone rigorous testing to prove they can handle snowy and icy conditions better than those without the rating. It’s peace of mind for those unexpected winter adventures or sudden snowfall.

Difference Between M+S Rating Tire and 3PMSF Rating Tire​

The biggest difference is that 3PMSF’s best all-terrain tires are rated to provide better snow traction than your standard mud and snow (M+S) branded all-season tire.

An M+S tire has no performance standard like 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake rated best all-terrain tires. The M+S rating was originally introduced to differentiate knobby bias ply tires from ones with rib treads, common on early radial and light truck tires.

Eventually, it became a standard that showed a tire had all-season capabilities compared to summer tires. M+S-rated tires are geometrically designed for better use on mud and packed snow, but it hasn’t been rigorously tested to meet severe winter condition requirements – like traction on ice, slush, or cold, dry roads.

In other words, it’s a declaration from the tire manufacturer that the tire can handle snow – but it falls short of truly evaluating the full spectrum of winter tire performance.

On the other hand, the 3PMSF rating is official and standardized by tire authorities. All-season tires with the mountain snowflake symbol have been rigorously tested and are ready to handle cold weather conditions.
Hi
I am a new member.

I have 2022 gxl landcruiser Ute with a 2" lift

What is the biggest tyre I can fit without any work or affecting the diff ratios?

I was thinking 285 33" A/T

Your advice would be appreciated

Thanking you in advance

Latest Discussions

Back