FIRST production 2024 Lexus GX550 and Land Cruiser shown on the Toyota Assembly Line

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
📛 Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco

LX250-assembly-line.png

I'd recommend watching the entire video, but if you just want to see the Land Cruiser rolling down the assembly line, fast forward to the 17:45 mark.

Thanks for sharing that video of the Tahara factory. For me, watching the video sends my brain racing through all the calculations, processes, logistics, and people that come together to make this happen. I expect many of us will be fixated on the 5 or 10 things that are not perfect on the initial production vehicles, and this video is a good reminder of the many things Toyota will get right.

Great video that ensures my agony while I wait…

This was such a pleasure to watch. Thank you for sharing! Now only if they would open the websites! :D
I'm surprised Toyota’s website has not been opened to configure new LC250s. I now suspect there may be some concerns at Toyota about competitive advantage. We're not going to see a USA version of the LC250 or hybrid Tacoma until April next year, so maybe the initial LC250s are for other markets. The Toyota website in the country of that first LC250 in production will open soon.

One of the LC’s in the video was right hand drive so def not our market.

I guess the bright side of this agonizingly long wait for LC250 arrival in North America... is that since they seem to have started producing some for other markets (based on this video), our North American units won't be the "dreaded" first run vehicles.

If the pessimistic guesses of 6-8 months before mass arrival to NA are correct, then ours won't roll off the assembly line for another 4-6 mos.

I guess the bright side of this agonizingly long wait for LC250 arrival in North America... is that since they seem to have started producing some for other markets (based on this video), our North American units won't be the "dreaded" first run vehicles.

If the pessimistic guesses of 6-8 months before mass arrival to NA are correct, then ours won't roll off the assembly line for another 4-6 mos.

My thoughts exactly! Let someone else beta test the first few units.

On occasion Toyota certainly has earned the "never but first yr" badge but I'm betting on this working out fine for first yr LC/GX buyers. I'll deal with any issues that come along knowing Toyota will handle it. I agree we'll have some runway in the US with other markets getting them sooner and Toyota having a chance to refine the production line.

There does seem to be something special about the Tahara plant and the culture around it. This will be the first time in my life where I was even remotely focused around buying a car from a specific plant having become aware of the differences that exist. My Bronco hangover has me snakebit and I'm hellbent on rewarding quality with my $$.

There does seem to be something special about the Tahara plant and the culture around it. This will be the first time in my life where I was even remotely focused around buying a car from a specific plant having become aware of the differences that exist. My Bronco hangover has me snakebit and I'm hellbent on rewarding quality with my $$.
This is great! Thanks for your perspective! I was just watching David Chao's Automotive Press video regarding the various Japanese factories and he specifically discusses the Tahara plant and how this is the factory with some of the most experienced, longest-term Toyota employees. He specifically describes their legendary level of "wisdom" and "perfectionism".

My used Tacoma, which I bought to bridge the gap after the sale of another luxury SUV brand (Land Rover hangover) until the LC250, has again re-introduced me to the level of quality of Toyota. I've put 22K miles on it in just a year and it has freed me from my obsession with mileage. I just drive it, change the oil every 5K and never think twice!

Last edited:
Do I dare ask what you’ve experienced with your Bronco? & how that experience compares with your same year Taco? I really like the full size Bronco seeing it but I suspect if I took one out for a drive, I’d quickly experience why it needs a fixed roof version for long highway drives. Which is I suppose what lands me on the LC (& GX) forum and comparing the 24 Taco as well.

1. Poor fit /finish interior
2. Non existent sound insulation
3. Noisy interior
4. Poor gas mileage 4 cylinder
Bronco feels cheaply built.
Tacoma has much nicer interior finish and materials. Much more solid ride quality.
Gave my 16 yr old son the option to keep either vehicle when the new LC arrives. He didn’t hesitate choosing the Tacoma. I was shocked.
On the upside the frame and suspension components on the bronco are extremely well executed for an off road SUV but the rest falls short IMHO. I wouldn’t want to own a bronco past the first couple years. I could see it becoming a real basket case.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE
1. Poor fit /finish interior
2. Non existent sound insulation
3. Noisy interior
4. Poor gas mileage 4 cylinder
Bronco feels cheaply built.
Tacoma has much nicer interior finish and materials. Much more solid ride quality.
Gave my 16 yr old son the option to keep either vehicle when the new LC arrives. He didn’t hesitate choosing the Tacoma. I was shocked.
On the upside the frame and suspension components on the bronco are extremely well executed for an off road SUV but the rest falls short IMHO. I wouldn’t want to own a bronco past the first couple years. I could see it becoming a real basket case.
Thanks for your honest review. I’m sure it’s great compared to anything Jeep, but this just confirms that in comparison to Toyota‘s various offerings on TGNA-F that the ‘real’ Bronco probably isn’t well suited to meet my expectations of my next car.

I feel compelled to point out for the right “use case” I think the Bronco is making many owners quite happy. I’m thrilled Ford brought it back and they did do many things right.

Back