Are the First Editions not in much demand?

FE2024

đź“› Founding Member
Apr 13, 2024
USA
Vehicles
Many
I talked to a few different dealers and several of them seem to have FE's available and unspoken for at MSRP. I thought that these would all be pre-sold and in high demand. What does everybody here think about this?

Had a dealer contact on a white 1958 yesterday. Said no thanks waiting on LC trim, Heritage Blue w/ Greyscape top. 1958 not shipped yet; dealer just looking for a buyer.

They are going to make quite a few first editions and there's no question that they are pricy, so I don't expect that it will be super difficult for those that want one to get one.

I think they should have had a couple of thousand out there before they dropped the 4Runner.

It's got the same engine/trans, selectible 4x4, with or without a battery, in a skin that's arguably more attractive to mainstream buyers. For what is likely going to be 20 grand less.

Personally, I hope they don't sell for sh*t and I can get a LC Premium for low 60s by summer LOLOLOLOLOL

I think they should have had a couple of thousand out there before they dropped the 4Runner.

It's got the same engine/trans, selectible 4x4, with or without a battery, in a skin that's arguably more attractive to mainstream buyers. For what is likely going to be 20 grand less.

Personally, I hope they don't sell for sh*t and I can get a LC Premium for low 60s by summer LOLOLOLOLOL
IMO, there's going to be some sticker shock for the 4Runner Pro and Trailhunter. The Tacoma TRD OR with Premium package drops in at $55k. And that's without a hybrid. A 4Runner that is $20k cheaper than a Land Cruiser isn't going to be in the same ballpark mechanically or with creature comforts. Almost $13k separates these two Tacomas.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.50.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.50.08 AM.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.51.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.51.23 AM.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 8
Maybe when Toyota released pricing, that lessen demand due to cost. My dealer thought they would go above MSRP but I haven't heard anything in a while.

IMO, there's going to be some sticker shock for the 4Runner Pro and Trailhunter. The Tacoma TRD OR with Premium package drops in at $55k. And that's without a hybrid. A 4Runner that is $20k cheaper than a Land Cruiser isn't going to be in the same ballpark mechanically or with creature comforts. Almost $13k separates these two Tacomas.

Man that's no lie.

*sees Tacoma OR sticker

"hey that's not that bad. People are over reac..."

"Oh, you wanted leather? ADD NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS"

"oh no"

"Hey look the port added $2,800 more trash"

"oh no"

"Our dealer charges $1,500 for nitrogen and a bug shield"

4Runner is going to be more of ^^^ that bullshit. So is the LC. I'm pretty close to bailing on Toyota over these shenanigans. I'll just buy the extended warranties on the other brands and be out the door 10-15k cheaper for comparable stuff.

Man that's no lie.

*sees Tacoma OR sticker

"hey that's not that bad. People are over reac..."

"Oh, you wanted leather? ADD NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS"

"oh no"

"Hey look the port added $2,800 more trash"

"oh no"

"Our dealer charges $1,500 for nitrogen and a bug shield"

4Runner is going to be more of ^^^ that bullshit. So is the LC. I'm pretty close to bailing on Toyota over these shenanigans. I'll just buy the extended warranties on the other brands and be out the door 10-15k cheaper for comparable stuff.
dealers have sent me invoices for 4500+ for port installed rip off+dealer installed rip-offs +$15000.00 on top of that . Shame on Toyota for allowing dealers to yank hard earned money from us this dishonest way

Back