Allocations- how often?

Lenny33

📛 Founding Member
Jan 13, 2024
Conifer, CO, USA
Vehicles
Lexus GX460
So how often do allocations come out? Is it a set schedule or just whenever there are vehicles ready to go out? I’m trying to keep tabs on LC allocations and who is getting them.
Thanks!

Working with Stapp Interstate and I sure hope they find me something quicker than the wishy washy non communicating clowns at either of the Stevinson locations!! Stapp seems like a really good family run place.

That pretty much describes my relationship with Stevinson. Not sure if they simply have no allocation information or just don’t care to find out.

I personally think they are being shady and moving people around on the line as they see fit or to do favors for customers. I guess they have that right, but then don’t tell people they can get on a list, if it doesn’t mean anything. Neither Stevinson will tell me what number I am when asked point blank.
I do not trust them.

I personally think they are being shady and moving people around on the line as they see fit or to do favors for customers. I guess they have that right, but then don’t tell people they can get on a list, if it doesn’t mean anything. Neither Stevinson will tell me what number I am when asked point blank.
I do not trust them.
I have my allocation through Stevinson and I actually have no complaints about how it's gone! However, I will say that I wasn't in a big hurry for information because I assumed it'd be a much longer wait and was prepared for that, so I wasn't asking detailed questions. That's why I was surprised when I got a call for mine two weeks ago. We'll see though...I do think it's a bit strange that they don't require a deposit or anything more than an email from me saying I'd take it. Slightly concerned that there may be some shenanigans down the line because of nothing really holding the commitment. Glad to not have to pay the deposit now though.

Does anyone know how Toyota balances allocation between dealers? I was told by a dealer that total allocation is basically driven by 4Runner volume, so big 4Runner dealers will get more LC allocation.

However, update to update seems very chunky where a dealer may get 4 allocated, may get zero on the next allocation.

Any idea how month to month allocation works? Seems like some dealers are sitting on unsold inbound inventory they are asking a mark up on while others have sold everything coming in, seems crazy to allocate more to dealers who haven't sold their allocation, but I also guess Toyota may not worry about that until there is actually a Land Cruiser sitting on a lot?

Dealers charging over MRSP will wait til on lot to get maximum profit. Easier to sell when you can see it and drive it. Fe are limited so no great rush. I also think the next allocation at the beginning of next month will the last for Fe.

Does anyone know how Toyota balances allocation between dealers? I was told by a dealer that total allocation is basically driven by 4Runner volume, so big 4Runner dealers will get more LC allocation.

However, update to update seems very chunky where a dealer may get 4 allocated, may get zero on the next allocation.

Any idea how month to month allocation works? Seems like some dealers are sitting on unsold inbound inventory they are asking a mark up on while others have sold everything coming in, seems crazy to allocate more to dealers who haven't sold their allocation, but I also guess Toyota may not worry about that until there is actually a Land Cruiser sitting on a lot?
I am finding this to be the same. I’ve been on a list since August my dealer said if you can get one somewhere else go for it, no allocations at all given to them.

Back