5 MISSES with the All-New 2024 Land Cruiser - TRD JON

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
📛 Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco

In this video, TRD Jon dissects the all-new Land Cruiser and reveals five areas where Toyota might have missed the mark.

🚨 Spoilers Ahead 🚨
  1. Non-flat folding rear seats (observed in press release models).
  2. Absence of auxiliary switches.
  3. Missing hood struts.
  4. Lack of a twin-turbo V6 engine choice.
  5. Pricing and features of the 1958 Land Cruiser edition.

I agree with most of his thoughts and hope we see some minor tweaks with the final version.

on-flat folding rear seats (observed in press release models).
  1. Absence of auxiliary switches.
  2. Missing hood struts.
  3. Lack of a twin-turbo V6 engine choice.
  4. Pricing and features of the 1958 Land Cruiser edition.

I agree with most of his thoughts and hope we see some minor tweaks with the final version.

In this video, TRD Jon dissects the all-new Land Cruiser and reveals five areas where Toyota might have missed the mark.

🚨 Spoilers Ahead 🚨
  1. Non-flat folding rear seats (observed in press release models).
  2. Absence of auxiliary switches.
  3. Missing hood struts.
  4. Lack of a twin-turbo V6 engine choice.
  5. Pricing and features of the 1958 Land Cruiser edition.

1. Would bother me if I planned to sleep in it. So personally a non issue.
2. Agree my $50k Bronco badlands has 6 prewired AUX switches. It should be included.
3. Really? I think Jon was reaching to make his list 5 instead of 4. A/M suppliers are doing this for the Bronco for around $80.
4. Agree with this prior to driving the new powertrain. Living in Colorado and the elevations you encounter 4 cylinders typically are not enough. I opted for the 6 cylinder in my Bronco and I'm pleased with making that choice. Color me skeptical considering the weight of the new LC. My 2015 GX460 had adequate power but not an abundance. This is what makes me the most nervous.
5. Jon brings up a good point on his #5. For me the jury is still out. I will withhold judgement until the new 4Runner is revealed along with pricing.

I'm late to the replies on this one but after watching a few 2024 Tacoma overviews (to give me an idea of the next 4Runner), I was reminded that I don't recall seeing Aux Switches in the Land Cruiser Vids. That eventually brought me to this clip f/ TRDJon. Honestly really surprising if this Land Cruiser doesn't at least come w/ an option. Really nice quality-of-life add having everything pre-wired w/ junction box by the OEM.

There is a gaping area that includes the camera view button along w/ a blank in the center stack that seems to have plenty of room for switches.

1699041862962.png

I don't really have much issue w/ anything else listed though the fold-flat issue w/ the rear seats was surprising but I'm assuming that's some kind of a result of the tumble feature added to these seats.

This whole thing is pretty spot on for me. I agree with all his positives. He nailed those IMO..

I don’t really care about the hood shocks but it’d be nice. Complaint #5 is probably my biggest issue: The screen and seat material non-options in the 1958 eliminate that model, so I can’t get the round headlights I’d rather have.

Overall I’d say this video is great and sum up my view almost exactly. I can’t wait to see it in person so I can pick my color!

This whole thing is pretty spot on for me. I agree with all his positives. He nailed those IMO..

I don’t really care about the hood shocks but it’d be nice. Complaint #5 is probably my biggest issue: The screen and seat material non-options in the 1958 eliminate that model, so I can’t get the round headlights I’d rather have.

Overall I’d say this video is great and sum up my view almost exactly. I can’t wait to see it in person so I can pick my color!
I'm almost certain those headlights will be interchangeable (for a fee). Looks like they take up the identical space.

The hybrid of the engine is actually what drew me to the LC. If I don't get the LC, I'll be getting another hybrid or electric vehicle. My preference is hybrid due to adverse weather conditions I live in winter.

That said, I am not a fan of the way the seats fold down. I fold down my Sub's seats a lot, use her for bags of bark, soil, or other such stuff. I guess depends on the lip distance, and how the LC drives. Still have my name on the list, but am willing to let it go if i find that the value to my $ is best used elsewhere.

Back